Re: emacs IDE features

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs IDE features
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 10:40:07 +0300

> From: "John Wiegley" <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 16:13:54 -0700
>
> In fact, we stand in need of several individuals, willing to take charge of
> different aspects of Emacs where not all of us have expertise. I'd love to
> find several such "group leads", so we ensure that every aspect of Emacs
> receives constant attention.

100% agreement.

>     - Core libraries

You mean "each core library", I presume.  IMO, it is impractical to
have one lead and one team for all, or even most of them.

>     - External resources

Not sure what that means.

>     - Each supported platform

This needs more detailed description.  What is a "platform"?  We have
Posix systems with and without GTK/Lucid/Motif, with and without
Cairo.  Are those the same platform, or do we need experts for each
toolkit?  Are all Posix systems the same "platforms", or do we need
separate experts on GNU/Linux, *BSD, Solaris, and Irix?

>     - Performance

I don't think this should be a separate team.  Each core team should
be responsible for performance in their area, because solution of any
performance problems in each area is specific to that area.