Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Philipp Stephani
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 22:28:01 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> schrieb am Mo., 5. Okt. 2015 um 07:50 Uhr:
> Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 23:12:16 +0200
> From: Aurélien Aptel <address@hidden>
> Cc: Daniel Colascione <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,
>       Stephen Leake <address@hidden>,
>       Emacs development discussions <address@hidden>
>
> On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 9:47 PM, Philipp Stephani <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Aurélien, is that something you agree with and could implement?
>
> I'm not sure I understood what you wanted.. I've commited this, but it
> assumes Lisp_Object are the same size as pointers...

That assumption is false in an Emacs built --with-wide-int.

If you need to wrap a pointer in a Lisp_Object, we have XIL and XLI
macros for that.

These are no-ops in my version of lisp.h:

# define lisp_h_XLI(o) (o)
# define lisp_h_XIL(i) (i)

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, these macros can't be used to wrap pointers in the general case.