Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 09:05:12 -0700

>> I don't. I have no problem spending time to replace "char const *" into
>> "const char *". Browsing through a code base that I want to get familiar
>> with and fixing a small annoyance doesn't sound bad to me.

> Pointless churn. Find something that fixes an bug, or adds a useful new
> feature, and work on that. You will find it more rewarding, and other users
> and developers will find your contribution more helpful.

I've asked that we move this to another thread or stop the discussion, as it
detracts from the main topic.

Since people have ignored that request, in future I will create new threads to
continue discussion on the topic of interest. It's either that, or we move to
a semi-moderated list, if participants are unwilling to stay on topic or honor
requests to do so.

John