Re: New maintainer

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: New maintainer
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 08:12:10 +0200

Am 29.09.2015 um 23:46 schrieb John Wiegley:
Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
So, now that I stepped down, we need to find a new maintainer (or a new
maintainer-team).
I'd like to self-nominate for that role, Stefan. I've been contributing to
Emacs since 1994, and have loved it all the while. Emacs Lisp remains a very
enjoyable language to write certain types of code in.

Some things I'd like to see happen to Emacs are more efficiency, closing bugs,
and wider adoption of some of our newest features, like lexical scoping. That
said, I'm also excited by new prospects, and wonder what can be done in the
area of concurrency (in some form), a new language under the hood (Guile?),
etc.

Emacs is my favorite application, by far, and the one I spend the most time
in, both professionally and personally. It's my programming environment,
E-mail reader, IRC client, task manager, note taker, and occasional shell. I'm
hoping it will still be the best choice for these things after twenty _more_
years of use, and perhaps as head maintainer I could help keep things moving
in that direction.

John

Hi John,

knowing you as author of some really awesome libraries,

not just http://www.ledger-cli.org

would be interesting to see you heading the beast.

BTW your github account is hard to find by your name --sorry being stupid--, may you provide it?

Thanks Stefan for all the work done,

Andreas