Re: Failure to bootstrap on Windows

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Failure to bootstrap on Windows
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2015 10:31:52 +0200

>>   >> $ echo $PATH
>>   >>
.:/c/Devel/emacs/build/bin:/mingw/bin:/bin:/c/WINDOWS/system32:/c/WINDOWS:/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem:/c/bin64/Git/cmd
>>                                        ^^^^^^^^^
>> What is bin:/bin:?
>
> No, it's /mingw/bin:bin:.  The separator is the colon, Posix-style.

So mingw is a subdirectory of msys.  Is that the preferred way?  Here
msys is a subdirectory of mingw.

>>     Do NOT add the MSYS bin directory to your Windows Path!  Only the
>>     MinGW bin directory should be on Path.
>
> That's in the opposite direction.  What I said above is about the PATH
> seen by MSYS Bash, not the PATH seen by the rest of Windows
> applications.

What do I do to ensure that "MinGW's bin directory" is "_after_ the MSYS
directories" in MSYS Bash?

martin