Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 188f657: Fix false negatives in tex--prettify-s

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 188f657: Fix false negatives in tex--prettify-symbols-compose-p.
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 11:08:52 +0100

> Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> Could mimicking (better: merging with) the approach of reveal-mode
>>> help?
>>
>> Now that Tassilo seems to have it working, I don't think it's worth
>> mimicking something else.  However, if the feature can be simplified
>> by merging with reveal mode then that would surely be nice.
>
> I didn't get Davis email until now

He accidentally sent it only to me (instead of to the list).

> (and it seems that mails from or to
> emacs-devel are somehow deferred; do you have such issues, too?)

I have noticed that when I try to "reply-all" one of your emails your
address is never included in the To: field (I added it manually now).
The list address does get included, though, so you probably receive
the emails anyway.

> We can't use that because `reveal-mode' is
> specialized for revealing overlays whereas `prettify-symbols-mode' uses
> text properties.

Alright. I tested the code now and it works well. My only suggestion
would be to change this:
  (< (point) (car prettify-symbols--current-symbol-bounds))
to this:
  (<= (point) (car prettify-symbols--current-symbol-bounds))
But I guess that's more of a personal preference.

Either way I think it looks good to merge.

Cheers