Re: RCS, again: another removed functionality: undo last-checkin

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: RCS, again: another removed functionality: undo last-checkin
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 21:59:16 +0300

On 09/22/2015 04:45 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

I agree.  I think "rollback" should always trigger a warning, with any
VCS.

Not sure what you mean. `vc-rollback' would be a command invoked explicitly by the user.

Maybe it would show a warning too, but the fact that 'git revert' is going to be used instead of 'git reset', deserves a separate warning.

And if we're going to warn about doing rollback either way, the second warning is more likely to fly under the user's radar ("why are you asking me this again? yes already!"), which is kinda bad.