Re: find-file-project

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: find-file-project
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 01:21:30 +0300

Hi Stephen,

We've discussed this before: I think this approach adds too much infrastructure (like forces through bits of "flat" project support, which aren't optimal for most of the projects I know of).

Why not just implement completion on file paths relative to the project root? The user could input a base file name, if they like, and TAB would expand it to one of the relative paths if it's unique, or allow them to input a directory. You won't need any other uniquification then.