Re: Stupid git!

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Stupid git!
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 18:16:51 +0300

> Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 13:02:55 +0000
> From: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > Have you used --rebase to pull to apply your commits after you pulled
> > all the changes from the remote repository?
>
> No, I didn't.  I should have done.  I don't think there are any
> disadvantages to doing so.

We already considered that around the time we switched to Git, and
decided against it.  The disadvantages you don't see come up when you
are merging from a feature branch, and you have also merged from
master to that branch.

So instead of rebasing we recommend just "git pull", which will merge
the upstream changes with yours.