Re: yes-or-no-p prompt conditionally broken in master?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: yes-or-no-p prompt conditionally broken in master?
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 22:55:29 +0300

> Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 22:47:05 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> > From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> > Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 20:39:22 +0200
> > Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
> >     address@hidden, address@hidden,
> >     address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden

> > > y-or-n-p already does TRT in that case (no dialog boxes in -batch).
> >
> > Feeding emacs -batch _from_ a script.  Meaning the script supplies "yes"
> > and "no".
>
> That already works, AFAIK.

I meant it already works if the script supplies "y" or "n", not
literally "yes" and "no".  If you had the latter in mind, then I see
no reason for a script to supply "yes" when it knows that Emacs needs
"y".  But we could, of course, extend y-or-n-p to accept "yes" and
"no" when in batch mode.

IOW, it's a separate issue, whose solution is not necessarily to make
y-or-n-p work as yes-or-no-p.