Re: text-quoting-style

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: text-quoting-style
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 08:57:05 +0200

Hi Paul,

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

> Bastien wrote:
>> I see new things like the \= in docstrings.  Will it last?
>
> \= in docstrings has been supported since Emacs 16 was released in
> 1985.  As the feature has lasted three decades, even the cautious can
> rely on it now.

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

My request was more general: I want to know which recent change about
quoting in Emacs will stay, which one is still experimental and/or
controversial?

If all current changes are set in stone, that's easier, and having a
list of those changes will help.  Or is it all documented in etc/NEWS?

If not all changes are set in stone, then I'm wondering why they do
not happen on a dedicated branch.  Making controversial changes on the
master branch feels pushy to me.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien