Re: [elpa] master a217663: Update copyright exceptions

From: Fabián Ezequiel Gallina
Subject: Re: [elpa] master a217663: Update copyright exceptions
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 12:57:50 -0300

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Fabián,
>
> Could you tell me how you got this copyright_exceptions update?
> It seems like it was done in the wrong locale (the content of the file
> is unchanged, really, other than sorting the lines differently), yet the
> GNUmakefile explicitly sets LANG=C to try and avoid that.
>
> Please try and figure out what happened, so we can fix the GNUmakefile to
> avoid the problem in the future.
>
> ...time passes...
>
> Hmm... now I see that I used LANG=C instead of LC_ALL=C, so you probably
> had some LC_* setting that took priority over the LANG setting.  I just
> fixed GNUmakefile to use LC_ALL=C.
>
> Can you confirm that this was the cause of the problem?

Hi Stefan,

Oh I missed that, sorry!

Yes, that seems to be it. I tried the latest `make check_copyrights` and
it reported no changes with the reverted copyright_exceptions file.

For reference these are my locale settings:

  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
  LANGUAGE=en_US:en
  LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
  LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"