Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9f31fb2: * lisp/progmodes/js.el (js-mode): Don'

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9f31fb2: * lisp/progmodes/js.el (js-mode): Don't eagerly syntax propertize.
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 10:42:41 -0400

> That call is needed for correctness, as I recall.

Not really.  It's needed to work around some problems elsewhere (most
of those problems are not specific to js-mode, BTW).

> Are you replacing it with something?

We already replaced it with proper calls at a few other places.
I'm sure there are still places where these calls are needed, but we
should fix them rather than paper over them with this eager call.

        Stefan