Re: Supporting multiline Package-Requires header

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: Supporting multiline Package-Requires header
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 18:33:32 +0200

Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> writes:

>> > The proposed changes don't break backwards compatbility.
>>
>> I understood this.
>>
>> I suggest not using anymore the source files to display such
>> informations, but instead the *-pkg.el file, which is cleaner IMO.
>
> I see.
> Then what do you mean by generalize?

I mean encourage people using a *-pkg.el file in their packages and
perhaps improve `define-package' if needed.
(I have myself packages not using a *-pkg.el files but it is not a good
practice IMO)

> Don't we already support using the -pkg file wherever it's present?

Yes, I use *-pkg.el files myself, but perhaps specify in documentation
its usage in favor of using source files?

--
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key: