Re: How to find when a function/var has been added

From: Przemysław Wojnowski
Subject: Re: How to find when a function/var has been added
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 22:53:29 +0200

I think maybe Przemysław is asking for something more, including
changes to the default value or possible values of an option, and
changes to the behavior or at least the calling sequence of an
existing function.

Dunno how much would be feasible or what forms it might take, but
I agree that there is a use case for it.

I was thinking about adding "Since: ${emacs-version}" to docs of functions and variables just to make it easier to write backward compatible packages.

If I would like to preserve compatibility with Emacs 24.3.1 I wouldn't use newer functions/values. Now it is not that easy (at least for me) to find out since when a function/variable/package is in Emacs, which makes programming a bit slower.