Re: frame.el: call before-make-frame-hook earlier in make-frame

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: frame.el: call before-make-frame-hook earlier in make-frame
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 12:41:42 +0200

> So, according to your advice I wrote my own 'make-frame-command' function that
> is now bound to the normal 'C-x 5 2' key-sequence and calls make-frame with
> dynamic parameters to place the window under the mouse cursor. That works
quite
> ok. But this is not the only way I create additional frames. The other way I
> open new frames is by using emacsclient. How could I let emacsclient create
the
> new frame using my own version of make-frame-command?

My knowledge of emacsclient is very limited.  And the fairly recent
introduction of `gui-method' has limited my knowledge of how frames are
created even more.  Hopefully someone else can give you an advice on how
to do what you want.

In any case, you should be able to use `after-make-frame-functions' in
order to reposition your frame on screen but I'm not sure whether that
could introduce some flickering.  Please try it.

martin