Re: Clicks map to wrong line with line-spacing > nil.

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Clicks map to wrong line with line-spacing > nil.
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 12:18:14 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> I can reproduce with emacs -Q and eb0f65b4.  Here's a recipe:
>
> Thanks.  I am still not sure what are we talking about.  I can almost
> say "not reproducible here", but see below.
>
> First, please try the latest master.

Ok, I'm on master now (e663cfec5a2dbf69d0f4360e1f8e05f81a037333).

>> 4. When I click on some word in lines 1-3, point is set on that word.
>> In later lines, point ends up on the previous line.  For ex., I click
>> on the "examples" in "Non-ASCII examples:" and point is set to the
>> beginning of the empty line before.  Clicking on "South" in "South
>> Asia:" puts point on "Middle" in "Middle/Near East:".
>
> Does point get set always on the _previous_ line?  Because the
> original report said something different, AFAIU:
>
>> try clicking on a line towards the bottom of the window. The
>> cursor moves to a point well above the mouse pointer.
>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> To me, "well above" doesn't sound like the previous line, but several
> lines above that.  That I certainly cannot see.

With `line-spacing' of 50, it was always the previous line when clicking
in the two last thirds of the window (and the correct line in the 1st
third).  With `line-spacing' of 10, it were more lines too early
depending on how near the end of the window the click position was.

> Could it be that the problem depends on how many empty lines are
> between the window start and the location of the click?  If so, this
> might be one consequence of bug#21165, which I fixed a few minutes
> ago.

Yes, that seems to be it.  At least now with the current master HEAD,
point always jumps to exact the click position regardless of the
`line-spacing' value.

Thanks,
Tassilo