Re: package-install-from-buffer moves point

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: package-install-from-buffer moves point
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 16:13:45 +0100

This is due to calls to some `lm-*' functions inside
`package-buffer-info' (possibly one of the calls I added myself
yesterday). I can just wrap those in save-excursions, but I'm thinking
that the `lm-*' functions themselves should not be moving the point.
Shall I use save-excursion inside those functions instead?