Re: Brittleness of called-interactively-p

From: Przemysław Wojnowski
Subject: Re: Brittleness of called-interactively-p
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 22:35:17 +0200

W dniu 12.07.2015 o 07:00, Dmitri Paduchikh pisze:
I would like to make a suggestion. All these problems can be resolved by
...removing the function at all.

Interactive functions are like Controllers, which should only take input from users and pass to Model (core functions) for further processing. If it is separated this way any other code can call Model directly and nobody needs to know what was called "interactively" or not - Interactive function already knows that.

IMHO "interactive-p" invites (maybe not best word - sorry, I'm not native English speaker) people to do poor design.