Re: xref-find-matches and stuff

From: Andreas Politz
Subject: Re: xref-find-matches and stuff
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 20:59:27 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> You mean a new, different hook?

It seems to me that having a hook run after jumping somewhere is
pretty standard behaviour, e.g. occur-mode-find-occurrence-hook,
find-tag-hook, next-error-hook, imenu-after-jump-hook.

It also seems to me that not all people are going to like the pulse
highlighting and maybe want something different, e.g. recenter the
window. Thus turning this pulsing into a custom :options value for the
to be created hook would solve this problem as well.

> [...] But even now, you can just advise one of the two relevant
> functions (xref-push-marker-stack or xref-pop-marker-stack).

That's always true.

-ap