Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 18:49:03 +0300

On 06/24/2015 06:13 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

It is, but people write about what they write about.  It's not just me.

In this case it's as if you've ignored half of the message.

  > >   > We're not even competing with other editors here.
  > >
  > > Exactly.  Emacs isn't competing.  It's doing what's right for Emacs.
  >
  > Exactly... not what I meant by the above sentence?

You tell me.  You state a fact, I agree that it's true, "exactly".  I
take the lack of competition as an opportunity to do what's right, you
take it as a reason to stick to the status quo.  Opinions differ.

We *are* competing here. Not with Editors, but with other languages and documentation formats.

Of course, only if we're talking about using fancy quotes directly in Elisp docstrings, and not some other other arbitrary issue that comes to mind.