Re: Unified project interface

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Unified project interface
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 21:16:35 +0300

On 06/08/2015 04:24 AM, Stephen Leake wrote:

That handles a specific identifier, not all identifiers macthing "bar.*"
(to use proper regexp syntax, rather than shell glob).

I suppose that kind of command could be implemented on top of the current xref API: first, find all identifiers that match this regexp (the "apropos" action, or maybe just use the identifier-completion-table), then find all references to each of them.

Or probably have a new generic method, do the above in the default implementation and allow backends to override it.

How will you specify two (or more?) sets of directories for xref?

Considering we don't currently specify even *one* set of directories xref can use (that is one of the goals of this discussion)... How about the same way as I'll specify that one, only twice?

Two variables, two generic methods, or so on.