Re: Adding a few more finder keywords

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Adding a few more finder keywords
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 16:59:43 -0400

> I've just added `checkdoc-package-keywords' that checks if the current
> file's keywords are in `finder-known-keywords'.  It's possible to make

A common usage is for a package's keywords to be a list of keywords
(from most generic to most specific), where the most generic should
indeed be among a predefined set, but where the most specific will often
only occur in this one package (and maybe a couple others at most).

In such a case checking that the keywords are within a know list is just
a bad idea.

We could decide that the specific keywords are unwanted, tho.
This would probably work OK if package.el offers a search option that
will search the packages's descriptions (since those specific keywords
will most likely appear in the description as well).

Of course, this search-based alternative can fall flat in some cases.
E.g. for keywords like "url" or "git" which tend to appear in lots of
package descriptions even if those packages have nothing to do with Git
or with handling URLs.

        Stefan