Re: After a git merge and manual correction of a conflict, how do I tell

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: After a git merge and manual correction of a conflict, how do I tell git the conflict is fixed?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 15:48:50 +0300

On 05/27/2015 03:36 PM, Kelvin White wrote:

Because I think you are misunderstanding that the file will only be
removed locally, from another persons working directory had that file
been tracked before.

No misunderstanding from me here. Note, however, that 'git reset' would work just as well for a previously-untracked file.

If this is a new file, that hasn't been tracked and
you don't want it tracked, Then this _is_ the obvious solution.

Like already mentioned, the file in question, .gitignore, is already tracked in the Emacs repository.