Re: etags test is broken on MS-Windows

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: etags test is broken on MS-Windows
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 12:03:44 -0700

On 05/21/2015 09:55 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
IOW, the "CRLF->LF translation" that the comment mentions is done on
all platforms.  Or am I missing something?

I was thinking about the case where a source file has mostly lines with LF but a few lines end in CRLF. E.g., the attached file has a CR at the end of the second line. In that case, Emacs doesn't strip the trailing CRs on GNU/Linux. Wouldn't the byte counts get messed up then?

Come to think of it, one of the etags test cases did that before I removed the CR (and perhaps that was part of the test...).