Re: subr-x on Elpa

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Re: subr-x on Elpa
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 18:35:02 +0300

Not sure how wise it is to package something that acts as a staging ground for things to be promoted in say subr.el, as a package. This was the original idea behind subr-x.el - I had suggested some things to be added to subr.el, but they were deemed somewhat experimental, as some people weren't convinced of their usefulness. So, provided things get moved from subr-x to subr, which I hope to see some day, this proposed package will get out of sync with whatever is in Emacs itself.

On 20 May 2015 at 17:33, Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> wrote:

> > If I do that, would it be viable to offer subr-x on GNU Elpa as well?
>
> Like we do for seq.el?

Yes, precisely.

> I don't like this duplication very much, but as
> long as they are 100% identical, I think it's OK.

I'm never a fan of redundancy, but in this case I think it's worth the evil.
But it would certainly be nice to have a way to link the source of an Elpa package to its built-in counterpart.