Re: Package installation messages

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Package installation messages
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 14:45:07 +0100

Alright, I think I'll just undo all of the async installation stuff.
I agree with Stefan that download and installation should be more
separate, but (1) I'm unlikely to have time for that before 25.1, and
(2) make transactions synchronous only makes this easier anyway.

After that, I can add a user option to display compilation warnings
again, and I can make the transaction messages more descriptive (as
suggested above (maybe even with progress report)).