Bug with icomplete-mode

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Bug with icomplete-mode
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 13:49:12 +0200

Hello,

I have recently switched from (now obsolete) iswitchb to icomplete-mode
and I have encountered an issue with that.

emacs -Q
(icomplete-mode t)
(setq icomplete-show-matches-on-no-input t)
(get-buffer-create "aaa")
(get-buffer-create "bbb")

Press C-x b (switch buffer)
C-. (select buffer "aaa")
C-j

Emacs switches to "*Messages*", not the "aaa" buffer I have selected.

As far as I can tell, it's because of this part in the
minibuffer-force-complete-and-exit
  (if (and (eq (minibuffer-prompt-end) (point-max))
           minibuffer-default)
      ;; Use the provided default if there's one (bug#17545).

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

Program:  A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn
one's input into error messages.