Re: xref-find-matches and stuff

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: xref-find-matches and stuff
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 05:38:27 +0300

> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 23:15:19 +0300
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> On 05/12/2015 10:57 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> > It didn't; I fixed that in 4f5382c.
>
> Thank you. But I was going to say that it doesn't match because NONAM
> (see the comment above make_tag) does not include the double-quote
> character (and tag-implicit-name-match-p obeys that).

Yes, that was the reason.  I just helped etags use the explicit-name
alternative in this case.

> Maybe it should be included?

That'd have required much more research, because its effect is on all
supported languages.  What I did fixed a problem whereby we weren't
telling etags where in the matched line to find the tag name, so it
couldn't make the decision whether an explicit tag name is necessary.
Using an implicit name is an optimization whose purpose is to keep the
TAGS file size as small as possible, so I see no reason to insist on
an implicit name.