Re: Lazy printing in tabulated-list-mode

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Lazy printing in tabulated-list-mode
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 09:21:37 +0100

Firstly, I don't really plan on implementing this lazy-printing
anymore, I'm just trying to optimize the printing a bit now.

Secondly, how do you see the running time on the profiler? I don't
know why it would report 1.3s, given that if I just evaluate
(benchmark-run 10 (tabulated-list-print)) I get a result between 6 to
10 seconds total (depending on whether package-hiding is on or off),
which means at least 0.6 seconds per run (of course).
Maybe the report I sent you was accidentally gathered on a small
package-menu (with only Gelpa configured).

0.6s per print is less than the "couple of seconds" I reported
earlier, because that was without byte-compiling. Still, I think it's
something we can optimize because the benchmark reports 67% of the
time was spent garbage collecting.