Re: Emacs author stats

From: chad
Subject: Re: Emacs author stats
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 13:01:08 -0700

> On 23 Apr 2015, at 11:48, Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Either way, I think the relevant metric is precisely the number of
> *committers*. Commiters are the ones most affected by this change.
> Authors who submit patches and bug fixes couldn't care less whether we
> use bzr or git (or do I misunderstand something?).

A relatively large number of people suggested that it would be
easier for people to follow and submit patches if the repository
used git, because that is a very common contribution mode for other
large projects. The hope was (I believe) that this would let people
slowly step-up into contributor/committers.

I suspect its too early to see a real impact of that (theoretical)
idea yet, but emacs is the only large project I still follow at this
point, so that’s a raw guess.

~Chad