Re: map.el and naming

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: map.el and naming
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 23:32:01 -0400

>> `map-map-keys', `map-map-values' and `map-map' are the issue here.
> Why not drop the first `map-' in the function names?

Because map-keys would most naturally be the name of a function which
returns the keys of a map.

> Naming both the package and one of the functions in it simply `map' sounds
> good to me.

For map-map, we could live with just "map", indeed, in theory, but...

> That would conflict with `map' alias in cl.el, though...

Indeed, that would be a problem (while cl.el is being phased out, it's
still in very common use, so the conflict would bite rather often).

        Stefan