Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 4e23cd0 4/5: * mail/rmail.el (rmail-show-messag

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 4e23cd0 4/5: * mail/rmail.el (rmail-show-message-1): When displaying a mime message,
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 14:02:41 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> That's because "git show" expects a range of commits to show, and the
> two dots are part of specifying a range.  The full spec of what you
> want is "origin/master..HEAD", where HEAD stands for the last commit
> in your local branch, but HEAD can be omitted for shorthand purposes.

I had the impression that "git show" was an older command, now
replaceable by "git log" with some options.  Is my impression right?

> By contrast, "git diff" takes a single commit argument, and displays
> the diffs between the working tree and that commit.

Isn't there a difference between "git diff" and "git diff HEAD" where
the first would show the changes between the working tree and the index,
while the latter would show them between the working tree and the latest
commit (HEAD, as you said)?

Best regards,
  Seb

--