Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 4e23cd0 4/5: * mail/rmail.el (rmail-show-messag

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 4e23cd0 4/5: * mail/rmail.el (rmail-show-message-1): When displaying a mime message,
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 12:13:46 -0400

  > > In my book, "I want everything to work like CVS" means a lack of
  > > motivation to learn.

Why should I have a "motivation to learn" so much about using git?
I am not learning it our of curiosity!

You make an analogy of fishing.  Suppose you are a teacher, and
a government imposes the rule that every teacher must catch a fish
each day in order to be allowed to teach that day.  Do you want
to learn to fish, or do you want the rule cancelled?

Development tools are supposed to make our work easier -- not harder.
For me, Git means many hurdles to jump in order to do the things that
were easy before.

Also, I do this infrequently enough that I will have time to forget
whatever I learn now.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation