Re: VC mode and git

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 17:30:04 +0300

> Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 10:07:26 -0400
> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> It usually takes weeks from when I write a change to when I check it
> in to Savannah.  To check them in, I must first get the latest changes
> from Savannah.  If I can't do a pull in that state, how can I ever
> check them in?

IME, the only situation where a pull can fail if you have uncommitted
changes is when your changes touch the same portions that were
meanwhile modified by someone else's commits in the repository.  Then
you'd have a merge conflict, and will have to fix it manually.

Otherwise, I always pull before committing in my local mirror, and it
generally doesn't fail.