Re: VC mode and git

From: Simon Leinen
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 14:50:17 +0100

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 8:17 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> How many people even use vc-next-action these days?  IOW, would it be
> okay to make it work very differently for modern dVCSes than what it
> does now?

I use it frequently.  Though I use it *less* frequently with Git than
with centralized CVSes, I do use it sometimes with Git, mostly to
commit small changes.  For more complex changes I tend to use Magit.
(I guess I should consistently use Magit, but I like VC because it's
more lightweight, and probably also because I've been using it for 15
years or so.)

Just a data point.
--
Simon.