Re: bug#19479: Disclaimer is now on file at FSF

From: Kelly Dean
Subject: Re: bug#19479: Disclaimer is now on file at FSF
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 23:02:09 +0000

> So, I don't want to get into this discussion,

And yet you chose to dig it back up, even after everybody else was satisfied
that it was resolved more than a month ago. The copyright clerk's exact words
on January 20th were, ‟We've accepted the public domain disclaimer and added
you to our records”, not ‟we've accepted part of the disclaimer, but rejected
another part”.

The disclaimer covers future changes, and everybody's comments about that part
had already been CCed to the clerk, and his answer was, ‟We've accepted the
public domain disclaimer”.

> but I've always assumed
> that disclaimers do not/cannot apply to future changes. I asked
> address@hidden, and they confirmed "Disclaimers are not valid for future
> contributions".

Good luck finding a copyright judge anywhere in America who would agree with
your absurd claim that my work since January 8th is not in the public domain,
despite my signed statement that it is.

Or if you admit it is PD, I'm sure you can dream up some rationalization of why
PD code isn't allowed in Emacs, and then try to remove it all, which is a lot
more than just my code.

Either way, I'm done trying to work on Emacs. This B.S. isn't worth my time.