Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 20:06:26 +0200

> Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 18:46:33 +0100
> From: Aurélien Aptel <address@hidden>
> Cc: Daniel Colascione <address@hidden>, Stephen Leake <address@hidden>,
>       Emacs development discussions <address@hidden>
>
> We should call `provide' in the module (like in my module branch)
> using the API. Problem solved?

It will be solved if there's a provide function available in the
interface.  Daniel's suggestion didn't include it, which is why I
asked about that.  Daniel seems to be unconvinced that it's needed.

> Concerning docstrings, we just have to teach the makedoc utility how
> to extract them from this new module system.

Extract them to which place?

Besides, make-docfile is not installed with Emacs, and so will
probably be unavailable when the module is built.