Re: Use of dedicated windows in gdb-mi.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Use of dedicated windows in gdb-mi.el
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 19:05:45 +0200

> From: Oleh Krehel <address@hidden>
> Cc: Thibaut Verron <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 16:57:36 +0100
>
> I'm using plain `gdb', I don't even like `gdb-many-windows'. But even in
> plain `gdb', I'm getting a dedicated *output* window that pops up each
> time there's output.

Don't you _want_ to see the output of a program you are debugging?

And I still don't understand why you must switch buffers in that
specific window.

> The patch that I attached solves my problem with plain `gdb'.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it looked to me that it made _all_
the gdb-mi windows soft-dedicated.  If that's true, how about making
only the popping output window soft-dedicated instead?