Re: Contributing LLVM.org patches to gud.el

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Contributing LLVM.org patches to gud.el
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 13:49:56 +0100

>   > The LLVM source repository includes a patch adding basic lldb
>   > support to gud.el.
>
> It looks like there is a systematic effort to attack GNU packages.

I cannot see the support of gud.el from LLVM as part of a systematic
effort to attack GNU packages.

> The GNU Project needs to respond strategically, which means not by
> having each GNU package cooperate with each attack.  For now, please
> do NOT install this change.

I cannot see how it differs from us supporting MS Windows and MacOSX in
Emacs.  The metric we employed here was not to install support for any
functionality restricted to the use of those operating systems.

But "basic lldb support to gud.el", our generic debugger interface, does
not sound anything like that.

> I will talk with Moore about this, off the list, to find out more
> about the situation.

Sure, it makes sense to figure out whether the summary is accurate.  If
it is, however, I do not find my initial assessment in agreement with
yours.

--
David Kastrup