Re: Emacs-24.4's release

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Emacs-24.4's release
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 10:06:23 -0500

Hi Jan,

I’m not sure why you’re asking, so there are two answers:

As for the repository, we don’t actually have a branch in the GNU Emacs
repository and don’t need one - and if that’s what you’re asking - I’m not
planning for this to happen.

But of course I merge regularly from the Emacs branches, and the big rebase
that Eric did prevents me from continuing unless we transplant or discard 10
years of Aquamacs history somehow.

As for using code from Aquamacs and copyright:

Aquamacs is at liberty to incorporate any GPL’ed and license-compatible code
into its codebase.  Contributors retain their copyright and license it under
the GPL as appropriate.  They have not signed GNU papers.

I myself have signed papers.  If you want to use any of my code, that’s fine by
me of course.  In fact, I would like to see more of that.

- David