Re: js2-mode contributions from Stephen Hicks

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: js2-mode contributions from Stephen Hicks
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 12:02:32 -0500

> The copyright clerk said it's okay, because Google has a corporate agreement
> with FSF, and the work was apparently done on company's time.

Yes, IIUC it's indeed OK legally speaking, but we don't have a good way
of dealing with it.

> But I didn't know how to annotate that situation in the commit history,
> hence this email.

I don't think there's a predefined way to do it.
IOW we have to invent one.
For ChangeLog, I'd use a syntax like

    2015-02-01  Stephen Hicks  <address@hidden>  (assigned by Google)

For the commit message, I guess we could use something like
"Signed-Off-By: Google, Inc."

        Stefan