Re: [Emacs-diffs] xwidget 9fe732a 2/2: Better changelog for xwidgets

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] xwidget 9fe732a 2/2: Better changelog for xwidgets
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 16:51:26 +0100

Eli Zaretskii writes:
>> Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 08:11:24 +0200
>> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
>>
>> Given the above, maybe you should revert the merge. Then squash all
>> commits in xwidget into one patch, amend it with proper ChangeLog
>> entries, and then do the merge.
>
> Is it just me, or is someone else bothered by the fact that all the
> first parents now follow Joakim's commits on his feature branch?

It's a bit weird, yes. Especially when you do 'gitk --all', all those
'merge from trunk' commits are now somehow registered as a separate
branch, leading to a completely crazy layout of the DAG which doesn't
even fit on my screen anymore. I've never seen anything like it. Can
someone explain what happened here?

-David