Re: git push precautions

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: git push precautions
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 19:12:42 +0000

 >>> IMO (and IME) that's a nuisance that isn't justified.

 >> git's defaults have historically been so unreasonable that I never
 >> push without explicit mention of both local as well as target
 >> reference.  It decidedly is less of a nuisance than having to clean
 >> up after Git goes overboard.

 > I just use `git diff' before every push to see exactly what I'm
 > pushing,

        I’d generally use $ git log -p origin/branch branch instead, so
        that I can review the individual changes, – as well as the
        commit messages.

 > and I always specify the remote repo i. e. `git push origin master'

        So do I.  And when one does, I’d say that that preference /is/
        justified.

[…]

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A