Re: bbdb + gnus: mail aliases

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: bbdb + gnus: mail aliases
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:02:12 +0800

Rainer Thiel <address@hidden> writes:

> I can't seem to configure correctly what is described on
> <http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BbdbMailingLists> (using one mail alias
> for several people/mail addresses).  The problem apparently is that the
> function
> bbdb-define-all-aliases is not defined, so that
>
>     (add-hook 'mail-setup-hook 'bbdb-define-all-aliases)
>     (add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'bbdb-define-all-aliases)
>
> fails.
>
> Can someone please tell me where the function bbdb-define-all-aliases is
> supposed to be defined, ie, what to require to get it provided?
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Rainer

This question should probably go to emacs.help, or preferably bbdb.user,
instead of this list. But! Since we're here: I'm guessing you're using
BBDB version 3, but looking at docs for version 2. Try using this in
your init:

(bbdb-mail-aliases)
(bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message 'aliases)

Does that do it?

Eric