Re: Omitting Windows-specific parts from infrastructure changes

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Omitting Windows-specific parts from infrastructure changes
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 09:32:09 -0800

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
         it still works, in the places where the MS-Windows code still uses
strcat
         instead of stpcpy.

     Beg your pardon, but how do you know this?

Because I made an extra effort to check, as part of following up this
conversation.

Which changeset did you check?

I looked at the the version of the master current as of when I wrote the email.

_After_ we know that the changeset had to deal with strcat following
strcpy, yes, it's a simple thing to find those places.

Great, then you can do this simple thing, whenever you find it convenient. It's not urgent, and it can be omitted entirely for changes like this.

We all have our
personal preferences, but we shouldn't go after fellow developers
whose preferences are different.

Exactly, and for several days you have been going after me, asking me to do nonessential drudgework to help polish up the MS-Windows code. I prefer not to.