Re: Correspondence between web-pages and Info-pages

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: Correspondence between web-pages and Info-pages
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 13:17:02 +0000

[…]

 > And so we don’t go in circles anymore, I’ll again quote a reply I
 > wrote to you: ⌜you’re saying the manuals should be put in a different
 > place P than the browser’s cache C.  … what’s the advantage of
 > having P and C be different?⌝

        I guess that’s because each and every browser (or at least
        engine) follows its own way when accessing and maintaining the
        cache.

        To the best of my knowledge, there’s nothing like a per-user
        ~/.browser-cache or system-wide /var/cache/browser directory
        where the software’s installation procedure could install
        anything so that that would be deemed “cached” by just any
        browser available in the system.

        Which is contrary to, say, /usr/share/info.

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A