Merge from emacs-24 up to a5f38fa

From: Fabián Ezequiel Gallina
Subject: Merge from emacs-24 up to a5f38fa
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 15:52:20 -0300

So this is my first incursion merging the `emacs-24` branch into
`master`.  I have used `gitmerge.el` and everything looks well from
here; this the complete list of conflicts in case you want to take a
look:

    ChangeLog
    doc/emacs/ChangeLog
    doc/lispref/ChangeLog
    doc/lispref/control.texi
    doc/lispref/functions.texi
    etc/ChangeLog
    lisp/ChangeLog
    src/ChangeLog
    src/xterm.c
    test/ChangeLog

I think I managed to do the right thing handling them, but I'd
appreciate if you could take a second look.  Specially to
`doc/lispref/control.texi`, `doc/lispref/functions.texi`, and
`src/xterm.c`.

Thanks,
Fabián