Re: HTML-Info design

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: HTML-Info design
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 20:20:17 +0100

> Sure it can, but it looks to me like microdata (rather similar to
> RDFa) is preferred by the search engines now.

Do you mean "microformat"?  I would be very surprised if google et. al
didn't look for both.  Whether they use it to improve or not, will
depend on how much they can trust that the page is what it claims to be.

But that's beside the point.  What I meant that RDFa is a good way to
add semantic information to the page, in a form that can be used by an
emacs HTML-info browser: you can define your own property types in an
RDFa compliant manner.