emacs-25 in console mode ... need debug coaching

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: emacs-25 in console mode ... need debug coaching
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 13:31:28 -0500

Setup:
   Fresh install of gentoo linux
   emacs from bzr sources of 2 days ago (12/15/2014)

I have two errors to report but they only happen when I do NOT run
emacs -Q.  So, likely to be something in my local setup.

Thing is, I don't have an idea how to track them down to the source
problem.

1) On startup in console mode... this error occurs:
  [From *Messages* buffer]
 ,----
 |   seconds-to-time: Wrong type argument: listp, 0
 |   Error in post-command-hook
 (global-font-lock-mode-check-buffers): (wrong-type-argument listp 0)
 |   Error in post-command-hook (eldoc-schedule-timer):
 (wrong-type-argument listp 0)
 `----

In dired mode:
  This occurs when defining an unwanted directory with `d' and
  attempting removal with `x'

  Ditto for `d' `x' on a regular file
  [From *Messages* buffer]
  ,----
  |  seconds-to-time: Wrong type argument: listp, 0
  `----

Can anyone recognize what might be happening or suggest where I can
look for the cause.

If I start with emacs -Q, none of this happens.